Paleo Collagen Donuts
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Organic Monkfruit Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Almond
- 2 Scoops NeoCell Super Collagen Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp of Dried Edible Rose Petals for Garnish (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a donut pan well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, monkfruit sugar, collagen powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut cavities, filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 23- 25 minutes, until dark golden brown. Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the frosting for the coating. Save dried rose petals for the topping.
- 3 Cups Organic Monkfruit Sugar
- ½ Cup Pasture Butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tbsp Organic Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 2 Scoops of NeoCell Super Collagen Powder
- Add freeze dried strawberries to a high-powered blender or food processor. Pulse until strawberries are a fine powder.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium mixing bowl. Pour powdered strawberries through the strainer to remove most of the seeds or any small chunks that didn't break up. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand-held mixer, cream butter, monkfruit sugar, vanilla, almond milk, and collagen powder on low speed until everything combines. Increase speed to medium-high and whip until it begins to turn a lighter white color, about 1 minute
- Stop mixer, scrape down sides if needed and add strawberry powdered mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Use to frost COOLED cakes.